Filter bags made of glass fabric with PTFE membrane are used in filtration processes where the working temperature can reach 260-280°C.
Glass fabric with PTFE membrane is generally used for dedusting of fumes filtration (boilers in power plants). This material has properties similar to those of needle felts made of 100% PTFE, but it is much more cost-effective. Note, however, that this fabric requires special components, as well as compliance with strict standards of usage. These include:
- Supporting cages made of suitable steel
- proper number of longitudinal wires in supporting cages
- low filtration speed (filter ratio)
- proper pressure and regeneration cycles
- careful installation of bags with special mounting flanges (provided)
- proper storage of bags prior to installation
- maintaining a correct diameter ratio between supporting cage and bag
- additional reinforcements on the bag to prevent abrasions
Thanks to the microporous PTFE membrane, this fabric has a very high filtration efficiency.
Applicable mainly in the following:
- cement industry
- energy industry
- heating industry